What is Affiliate Sales?
A way for a company to sell its products by signing up individuals or companies (“affiliates“) who market the products for a commission.
What is an affiliate Web site?
Whenever you see a link that takes you to a website where you can purchase a product or service, again, is another style of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is an ideal home business because it doesn’t require much money to get started, and you don’t have produce, stock or ship product inventory, or deliver a service.
You’re essentially paid for referring new clients and customers to other businesses.
Can you make money with affiliate marketing?
The short answer is yes, affiliate programs can earn a extra money and even a full-time income from home.
The long answer is a little more complicated.
Like any home income venture, success comes not so much from what you choose to do to make money, but whether or not you do what needs to be done correctly and consistently.
Affiliate Marketing – the true
Like many other home business options, are the so-called gurus and get-rich-quick programs that suggest affiliate marketing can be done fast and with little effort.
Odds are you’ve read claims of affiliate marketing programs that say you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a month with an auto pilot scheme – that’s bs!
Affiliate marketing isn’t hard, but it does require knowledge, planning, and consistent effort to make any significant income.
How to Become a Successful Affiliate Marketer
Here are some things you can do
- Research a few prominent affiliate programs so you understand how and when you’re paid, and other important money issues you need to know to ensure the program is a good fit.
- Choose affiliate items that match your niche or the content on your home business website or blog.
- Mix and match affiliate ads so you don’t overwhelm your visitors. In-content affiliate links usually have the best click through rates over image links.
- Start an email list. The most successful affiliate marketers use email in their affiliate marketing. Email marketing can increase your affiliate profits significantly.
- Lastly, if you decide to pursue an affiliate marketing business, or want to add affiliate marketing to an existing business, understand that it’s not fast, automatic, nor without effort. Like all home businesses, you need a plan and daily involvement.